Stay on top of all school events with our online calendar: https://goldsmithdolphins.com/calendar/
2018-19 JCPS Calendar: Web/PDF Version
Save the Dates:
- June 14 – July 16: Goldsmith office closed for the summer
- July 16: Goldsmith office open until 4:30 PM daily
- August 4th: School Supplies Giveaway and Health Clinic At Hikes Point Christian Church 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
- August 10, 13 and 14: Extended Office Hours – Open until 6:00 PM
- August 13: First day for teachers
- 9:00-12:00 All staff meeting (School Office Closed)
- Class lists posted at 1:00 PM
- 1:00-3:30 Students and parents may drop off school supplies and meet teachers. New students may get a tour.
- August 14: New students may get a tour; classroom teachers will be in meetings and unavailable
- August 15: First day for students. School begins at 9:00 AM
- Walkers and car riders may arrive at 8:30 AM daily
- Walkers and car riders who plan to eat breakfast- Please arrive no later than 8:40 AM daily
- Instruction begins daily at 9:00 AM
- Kindergarten parents may walk children to class on the first day only.
- Parents in all grades- If you want pictures and teacher introductions please do so on Aug. 13 or at Open House on Aug. 23 not on the first day.
- Be patient with bus routes and bus drivers the first 10 days of school. Students who will ride the bus should do so from the first day. Allow a full 15 minutes for pick up and drop off time variation as drivers learn routes.
- August 23: Open House for Parents 6:00 PM
- September 3: No School for students Labor Day
Incoming Kindergarten Parents:
August 7-9: Kindergarten Assessments (BRIGANCE Testing) Please call to schedule a 20 minute appointment to have your student tested.
August 8: Kindergarten Camp 10:00 AM-11:30 AM
- We will update this space and the school calendar as events come up or change.
- We are a a summer breakfast and lunch site; anyone under age 18 (do not need to be a Goldsmith student) may receive a meal all summer.
- We have limited seats available in Spanish Immersion. Contact the school if you are interested in Immersion for your student.