Just a few things going on in the life of our school:
- Stay on top of all school events with our online calendar: https://goldsmithdolphins.com/calendar/
- May 14 & 15: KPREP Continues for Grades 3 and 4
- May 14-16: KPREP Continues for Grade 5. Students will need lots of sleep, encouragement, and a good breakfast here or at home.
- May 16: Spring Concert for Chorus, Band, and Orchestra
- May 17 & 18: Talent Show Auditions for Grades 4 and 5
- May 22: No School- Teacher Professional Development
- May 23: Field Day: Contact Mr. Maier or your child’s teacher if you would like to help with Field Day
- May 24: Talent Show 2:00 PM
- May 24: Special Called SBDM 4:00 PM- Two students from each class are invited to address SBDM on topic of School Uniform Policy for 2018-19. Parents will need to arrange for transportation if students stay for meeting. Parents are welcome to attend and give input to this and all SBDM meetings.
- May 26: Soccer Tournament at Mockingbird.
- May 28: No School- National Holiday
- May 31: Last Student Day
- 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony 9:30 AM
- Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony 10:45 AM
2018-19 JCPS Calendar: Web/PDF Version
- June 14 – July 16: Goldsmith office closed for the summer
- July 16: Goldsmith office open until 4:30 PM daily
- August 10, 13 and 14: Extended Office Hours – Open until 6:00 PM
- August 13: First day for teachers
- 9:00-12:00 All staff meeting (School Office Closed)
- Class lists posted at 1:00 PM
- 1:00-3:30 Students and parents may drop off school supplies and meet teachers. New students may get a tour.
- August 14: New students may get a tour; classroom teachers will be in meetings and unavailable
- August 15: First day for students. School begins at 9:00 AM
- Walkers and car riders may arrive at 8:30 AM daily
- Walkers and car riders who plan to eat breakfast- Please arrive no later than 8:40 AM daily
- Instruction begins daily at 9:00 AM
- Kindergarten parents may walk children to class on the first day only.
- Parents in all grades- If you want pictures and teacher introductions please do so on Aug. 13 or at Open House on Aug. 23 not on the first day.
- Be patient with bus routes and bus drivers the first 10 days of school. Students who will ride the bus should do so from the first day. Allow a full 15 minutes for pick up and drop off time variation as drivers learn routes.
- August 23: Open House for Parents 6:00 PM
- September 3: No School for students Labor Day
Incoming Kindergarten Parents:
Watch this space for Kindergarten Camp, home visit dates and BRIGANCE Testing appointments
- We will update this space and the school calendar as events come up or change.
- Watch this space for school supplies lists and summer learning opportunities.
- We are a a summer lunch site; anyone under age 18 (do not need to be a Goldsmith student) may receive a lunch all summer.
- We have limited seats available in Spanish Immersion for grades K and 2. Contact the school if you are interested in Immersion for your student.