It’s Day 4 of Celebrate Languages Week. Did you know that right here in Louisville:
- There are many international groups that offer world language classes, camps, and events, like Los Monitos, Alliance Française, The Crane House Asia Institute, World Affairs Council and Sister Cities of Louisville.
- Several places offer English classes and services to immigrant families, like Americana, La Casita Center, Kentucky Refugee Ministries & even the backside at Churchill Downs.
- These places often look for after school or summer volunteers.
- To learn or practice a new language try online sites like DuoLinguo, Babbel or WeSpeak.
- Apply for a NSLI-Y (National Security Language Initiative) scholarship to study a language abroad during summer. http://www.nsliforyouth.org