Here are the Rules:
- Buy a potato or potatoes this week at the grocery store. The fresher, the better!!!
- Decorate your potato like a character from a story. It can be a nursery rhyme, fairy tale, picture book, or fiction chapter book (NO MOVIES or TV SHOWS).
- Stand the potato up. You can cut and use the bottom of a Styrofoam cup, or toothpicks.
- With your entry, write the name of your character, your name, and your homeroom teacher’s name (see attached form). If possible, bring in the book.
- Turn in your potatoes to your homeroom teacher by Tuesday March 15th.
- Teachers will send these to the library no later than 10:00am Tuesday March 15th.
- A panel of judges will vote for their top three in each grade level.
- Voting will happen March 16th-23rd, and the winners will be announced Thursday March 24th.
- The top winner from each grade level will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Spring Book Fair.
Form Will Be Coming Home Or Print This:
HOMEROOM TEACHER: _________________________________
MY CHARACTER IS: _______________________________________________________
MY STORYBOOK CHARACTER IS FROM THE BOOK: __________________________________