From the JCPS Parent Connection:
JCPS offers many ways to get information on schools and programs
The application period for Jefferson County Public School (JCPS) District elementary schools for the 2013-14 school year is Mon., Nov. 19, through Fri., Jan. 11. Online applications with instructions will be available on the district’s Web site and at registration and application sites located throughout the district.
Representatives from all JCPS elementary schools and many district offices will be available at the Elementary School Showcase, which will be held at the Kentucky International Convention Center on Sat., Nov. 17, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. You’ll get a free copy of the Choices guide to JCPS elementary schools and programs at the showcase. This guidebook is also available in two digital formats: PDF file and online magazine.
JCPS also will host information sessions at the following sites for parents with questions about the elementary registration or application process:
- Tues., Nov. 27, 10 a.m. — DuValle Education Center (3610 Bohne Ave.)
- Tues., Nov. 27, 7 p.m. — JCPS Gheens Academy (4425 Preston Hwy.)
- Tues., Nov. 27, 7 p.m. — Western Middle Community School (2201 W. Main St.)
- Wed., Nov. 28, 7 p.m. — Fairdale High Community School (1001 Fairdale Rd.)
- Wed., Nov. 28, 7 p.m. — Myers Middle Community School (3741 Pulliam Dr.)
- Mon., Dec. 3, 7 p.m. — Middletown Methodist Church Child Development (11902 Old Shelbyville Rd.)
- Mon., Dec. 3, 7 p.m. — Iroquois High Community School (4615 Taylor Blvd.)
- Tues., Dec. 4, 7 p.m. — Jeffersontown High School (9600 Old Six Mile Ln.)
- Tues., Dec. 4, 7 p.m. — Meyzeek Middle Community School (838 S. Jackson St.)
- Wed., Dec. 5, 10 a.m. — Dawson Orman Education Center (900 S. Floyd St.)
- Wed., Dec. 5, 7 p.m. — Gheens Academy (4425 Preston Hwy.) For international families; translators available
- Wed., Dec. 5, 7 p.m. — Farnsley Middle Community School (3400 Lees Ln.)
- Thurs., Dec. 6, 7 p.m. — Eisenhower Elementary School (5300 Jessamine Ln.)
- Thurs., Dec. 6, 7 p.m. — Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts School (930 E. Main St.)
For more information, call the JCPS Student Assignment Office at 485-6250.