Global Game Changers Student Empowerment Program in partnership with The Muhammad Ali Center is hosting the 4th annual DISCOVER YOUR SUPERPOWER celebration. The event and admission to the museum is FREE and open to ALL families with kids ages 4-12, on Sunday May 20, from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
This event teaches kids how to combine their talents with their hearts to find their Real-Life Superpower to give back and help make the world a better place. Families will explore stations hosted by nonprofit community partners, so the kids can learn about causes they care about.
Then kids will also discover their very own Superpower by participating in finding their talents, cape making, face painting, and taking some Superhero photos in the photo booth.
Please let your school’s families know to join us for a Sunday afternoon of fun and empowerment that is made possible thanks to a community committed to teaching our youth the skills of compassion and kindness!
Have a good afternoon and thank you,
Global Game Changers Children’s Education Initiative, Inc.
Events and Program Facilitator
Empower Today. Change Tomorrow.
Just a few things going on in the life of our school:
- Stay on top of all school events with our online calendar: https://goldsmithdolphins.com/calendar/
- May 14 & 15: KPREP Continues for Grades 3 and 4
- May 14-16: KPREP Continues for Grade 5. Students will need lots of sleep, encouragement, and a good breakfast here or at home.
- May 16: Spring Concert for Chorus, Band, and Orchestra
- May 17 & 18: Talent Show Auditions for Grades 4 and 5
- May 22: No School- Teacher Professional Development
- May 23: Field Day: Contact Mr. Maier or your child’s teacher if you would like to help with Field Day
- May 24: Talent Show 2:00 PM
- May 24: Special Called SBDM 4:00 PM- Two students from each class are invited to address SBDM on topic of School Uniform Policy for 2018-19. Parents will need to arrange for transportation if students stay for meeting. Parents are welcome to attend and give input to this and all SBDM meetings.
- May 26: Soccer Tournament at Mockingbird.
- May 28: No School- National Holiday
- May 31: Last Student Day
- 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony 9:30 AM
- Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony 10:45 AM
2018-19 JCPS Calendar: Web/PDF Version
- June 14 – July 16: Goldsmith office closed for the summer
- July 16: Goldsmith office open until 4:30 PM daily
- August 10, 13 and 14: Extended Office Hours – Open until 6:00 PM
- August 13: First day for teachers
- 9:00-12:00 All staff meeting (School Office Closed)
- Class lists posted at 1:00 PM
- 1:00-3:30 Students and parents may drop off school supplies and meet teachers. New students may get a tour.
- August 14: New students may get a tour; classroom teachers will be in meetings and unavailable
- August 15: First day for students. School begins at 9:00 AM
- Walkers and car riders may arrive at 8:30 AM daily
- Walkers and car riders who plan to eat breakfast- Please arrive no later than 8:40 AM daily
- Instruction begins daily at 9:00 AM
- Kindergarten parents may walk children to class on the first day only.
- Parents in all grades- If you want pictures and teacher introductions please do so on Aug. 13 or at Open House on Aug. 23 not on the first day.
- Be patient with bus routes and bus drivers the first 10 days of school. Students who will ride the bus should do so from the first day. Allow a full 15 minutes for pick up and drop off time variation as drivers learn routes.
- August 23: Open House for Parents 6:00 PM
- September 3: No School for students Labor Day
Incoming Kindergarten Parents:
Watch this space for Kindergarten Camp, home visit dates and BRIGANCE Testing appointments
- We will update this space and the school calendar as events come up or change.
- Watch this space for school supplies lists and summer learning opportunities.
- We are a a summer lunch site; anyone under age 18 (do not need to be a Goldsmith student) may receive a lunch all summer.
- We have limited seats available in Spanish Immersion for grades K and 2. Contact the school if you are interested in Immersion for your student.
Good luck to all the teams in the upcoming tournament! Come cheer for Goldsmith!